• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating Stroke width on a rectangle, horizontal lines thicker than vertical?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm animating the stroke width on a rectangle in AE, but when i size it up the horizontal lines are thicker than vertical (see photo), they seem the same width when on 5.0 but once up to 40.0 they are uneven. How do I make sure they are proportional?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your composition pixel aspect ratio, the layer's and shape group's scale and the placemnt of the path. From a non-square PAR to inadvertently having scaled the layer and placed the path at sub-pixel incrments there is any number of things that can affect the appearance of such stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sukyr59961798,

Thanks for reaching out.

Instead of scaling the layer, expand the layer Contents > Rectangle > Rectangle Path and modify the size. Check out the screenshot for referneces.

shape layer scale.jpg

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines