Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation with 100 000 shapes

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to create an animation of points moving and changing colors. I need 100 000 circles. I could separate the project into multiple animation but I would still need 30 000+ shape in at least one of them.

The code to add a shape is like this:

Is there any way to do such a thing in AE ? AE crash after 20 000 shapes on my computer and takes ages.

Like creating the shapes and rendering headlessly ? As most of the load seem to be on the GUI displaying things ? (I'm already in MAJ mode).

Note I create one shape by layer, but creating all shapes in one layer doesnt seem to be better

Thanks !

TOPICS
Crash , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of those questions that would probably be better framed by you explaining what it is you want to achieve visually, rather than explaining the process you think you need.  Odds are there's a far more efficient process possible to achieve your end goal, if you can clearly explain what you want the end result to be.

Perhaps particle generation could solve the problem.  Or multiple precomps that have rendered proxies.  But it would be great to know what your aims are first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, my aim would be to produce an animation like this one :

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_lab/status/1329153959211249664?lang=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would run into trouble one way or the other. There are simply limits to how many layers, shapes etc. will handle at all. Your example can easily be done using an advanced particle system like Stardust or Particular, you just need to spend the money and then create suitable "emitter" shapes and adjust the forces to "morph" from one state to another. It will still take time to tweak and figure out the specifics, but perfectly doable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines