• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation Workflow

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must create a 2 min. Animation Film for school.

If i create shapes in Illustraitor and Export it to After Effects i cant find Options to animate the Points of the Shape. When I create the shapes directly in After Effects I have the option to animate the Points of the Layer.

Why have I learned in school and many tutorials to Import Illustraitor Layers to AE? What is the benefit? There is also a Tool called "Adobe Animate" to make Animations. Is it recommended for a 2min. Animationfilm? There is also a pupet tool in AE. is it better to use this tool instead of rotate and place the layers step by step.... 

In the end I see many many options to Animate. I am looking for a common way to animate.

Im also looking for a Job after school and want to learn and get the right qualifications for creating animated media. 

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no "common way" to animate everything. That very much is the point. You use the right tool for each workflow. Working with pixel images has other requirements than working with shape layers or other vector data, doing explainer videos is different from VFX and so on. Anyway, and no offense, since clearly you haven't even read the online help on some basics like converting AI artwork to shape layers I feel there is no point to discuss this further. So for what it's worth, start at the beginning:

After Effects User Guide

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines