• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying puppet auto keying

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I alone in finding it incredibly tedious that the puppet tool creates keyframes for every pin that's created, with no option to turn this behavior off?

For the vast majority of the pins I create I do NOT want a keyframe as they are simply there to lock areas that I don't want affected by animation. It seems an odd choice to assume that every pin is going to animate, and hitting the U key results in all pins rolling out into the UI, most of which have just the autocreated key on them that I don't even want. It's a constant annoyance to have to go and delete them. And, the option to create a pin in some sort of locked state would be far more useful for the same reason. It's like the developers don't even understand how this tool actually works or is used in practice.

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with assumptions, simply how AE's effects work under the hood vs. limitations in UI handling.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what that means. No other effect that I can think of in After Effects automatically creates keyframes in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very much agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines