• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any idea how to prevent this flickery artefact when animating lines?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I want to create a simple animation in After Effects where some lines fade in. I've created the vector shape in Illustrator, imported it in Adobe After Effects and used the [Create > Create Shapes from Vector Layer] option. Then by going into this object [Add > Trim Paths] I am able to animate the start and end position of the lines.

The problem I'm having is that when I play the animation, some of the lines start flickering. This flickers gets worse when I use the [Easy In] option.

I've tried:

- Changing the Stroke Width of each line

- Setting a higher frame rate for the composition

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Cheers

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Hello,
Make sure your thin lines are precisely lined up with the pixel grid to start with by using snap to pixel and designing in Illustrator or by examining the AE comp panel with a zoom factor of 800%, then use an expression to move the layer precisely an even number of pixels per frame so the edges don't get re-interpreted.
More information is here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/aliasing-artifacts-with-high-contrast-animated-text-how-to-fix/m-p/8789785/alaskasworld.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Make sure your thin lines are precisely lined up with the pixel grid to start with by using snap to pixel and designing in Illustrator or by examining the AE comp panel with a zoom factor of 800%, then use an expression to move the layer precisely an even number of pixels per frame so the edges don't get re-interpreted.
More information is here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/aliasing-artifacts-with-high-contrast-anima.../alaskasworld.com

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

What solved it for me (from the post you mentioned) is scaling up the vectors' lines in Illustrator to be at least 5 pt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines