• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video looks better in AE than it does when I export

Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still new to AE, so be kind 😉 Any reason why my video looks better in AE than it does when I export? Color seems desaturated. I did the 'match source, high bitrate' setting in Media Encoder... is there a color setting or resolution setting that I'm somehow missing?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

New Here , 
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

When rendering, I had to click 'lossless' and then click the format options and change the Video Codec to something else (e.g. Apple ProRes 422 HQ) and QuickTime played it fine. Apparently QuickTime just doesn't like when the it is set to Animation but obviously if you need to use that I'm not sure what the fix would be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folowup question - if I render using Render Queue rather than Media Encoder, is that 'better'? Also, what do I do with the resulting .MOV file on a Mac - it won't open...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New Here , 
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

When rendering, I had to click 'lossless' and then click the format options and change the Video Codec to something else (e.g. Apple ProRes 422 HQ) and QuickTime played it fine. Apparently QuickTime just doesn't like when the it is set to Animation but obviously if you need to use that I'm not sure what the fix would be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines