• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to move highlighted

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm currently rotoscoping out some very wobbly objects in some slow motion footage and the roto has to be very precise around the objects, so as you can imagine it's a very time consuming process. It occured to me I could speed up the process by having a keyboard shortcut that moves the highlighted point of the mask to the position of my mouse instead of having to click and drag the point every frame for hundreds of frames. Unfortunately I'm not too well versed in After Effects or scripting, so I was wondering if something like that was even possible?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to finish the title and I can't find an option to edit it >_> Oops 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In principle yes, in practice perhaps not. There are limitations to how event listeners in AE work and the script would need hardening to accomodate layout changes in the UI, different zoom levels in the viewers and whatnot. You could probably try something like Lockdown (https://aescripts.com/lockdown/), but then again you coulkd just as well switch to dedicated roto tools like Silhouette that offer intelligent snapping and mouse pinning right out of the box...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you looked into using Reverse Stabilization into your roto process? It's an important step to speed up roto work. 

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines