• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to not lose quality when rendering After Effects clips?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My dynamic link shots are much worse quality than my regular shots. Im pretty sure it's because the dynamic clips are being exported/compressed twice. Once from AE, and once when the final video is rendered. Is there any way around this? I edit complex music videos on a laptop with many dynamic links, and have to export each individual dynamic link shot as its own mp4, or else my GPU will crash while exporting.  

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

If you are exporting your comps for use as a source you need a DI or Production master that is rendered to a visually lossless frame-based format like GoPro Cineform, ProRez, or AVcHD. I always choose 10-bit or better formats for my Digital Intermediates. 

You should never use an MP4. MP4 files are MPEG compressed IPB calculated inter-frame compressed files where the color is compressed in blocks of at best 8 pixels and the best you can hope for is one I frame (real frame) for every P (predict

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are exporting your comps for use as a source you need a DI or Production master that is rendered to a visually lossless frame-based format like GoPro Cineform, ProRez, or AVcHD. I always choose 10-bit or better formats for my Digital Intermediates. 

You should never use an MP4. MP4 files are MPEG compressed IPB calculated inter-frame compressed files where the color is compressed in blocks of at best 8 pixels and the best you can hope for is one I frame (real frame) for every P (predicted frame) and every B (bidirectionally predicted) frame. Even if you could use all I frame compression, there will still be compression and color artifacts that degrade the video and the best you can get is 8-bit color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!! I will give that a shot and report back if I have more questions.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines