• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

anyone know how SourceTime() does work?

New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know this Expression return the time but i don't what time?

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The expression sourceTime() returns the current time from the in point of a footage layer. You can use it to make something happen after a certain amount of time. For example, this expression starts rotating at 100º per second 1.5 seconds after the in point. If the layer is movie footage with timecode, sourceTime() returns the timecode converted to the seconds. Another idiosyncrasy is that you can open footage interpretation in the Project panel and override any embedded timecode. 

st = sourceTime(time) - 1.5;
	if (st < 0){
		r = 0;
	}
	else{
		st * 100
	}

i usually use inPoint instead of source time because that starts the counter where you set an in point (Alt/Option + [) instead of the start of the original source.  I hope that makes sense. If the layer has timecode, unless you override the original timecode using the Interpret Footage, sourceTime() returns the original timecode converted to seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines