Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple silicon M1 and After Effects - The All-In-One Thread

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community!

I'm starting this thread in hope to see opinions and experiences with the combo mentioned in the subject line. I've been scrolling through the threads here and a big picture is forming and it can be distilled into 2 words: slow & unstable.

But would you argue the opposite? My situation is that my 2017 27-inch Mac is starting to feel slow for my needs and I'm flirting with the Mac Studio option but the leap forward seems rushed and troublesome. I'll start with my biggest questions:

1. So is AE working properly with M1? Really?

2. What about plugins/extensions? Do old Intel-era plugins work with Apple Silicon Macs and Apple Silicon AE? I'm pretty sure not all the paid and free plugins will ever be updated.

3. Combining 1 & 2: Would the M1 Mac be more trouble than an improvement? Should I just wait for some vague moment in time when everything is better and these questions are obsolete?

4. Same questions actually about PS and ME.

TOPICS
Crash , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I've seen with the beta version is that it is runing a lot faster (x4 in some tasks) than previous Intel version under a MacBook Pro M1 Pro.

Regarding unstability: we cannot evaluate at this point cause there is no official release of AE native version for M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines