Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Apply identical stabilization to 2 non-sequential videos (for later use with 3D Glasses effect)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 shaky videos filmed from 2 lenses on 3D camera. The videos are identical but filmed from lenses that were 3" apart. (left eye video and right eye video) This means they both shake in exactly the same way.

In order to preserve the 3D effect, I don't want to analyze each video individually and end up with each stabilized in a different way.  I would need to analyze just the left video and apply the same "movement" i guess to the right one. 

a. How could I do this?

b. (i think i can manage without an answer to this) Is it possible to do this if each video is in a separate composition?  Unfortunately, the effect "3D Glasses" requires the left and right layers to be in the same composition but ignores other effects applied in that composition.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not tried this yet but I think it might work if you are using Warp Stabilizer.

• Put the left eye and right eye footage in the same comp - both trimmed identically so you are not processing frames that will not end up in the final edit.
  • Pre-compose the left eye footage moving all attributes to the new comp, but don't open it.
  • Pre-compose the right eye footage moving all attributes to the new comp, but don't open it.
  • Delete the right eye comp from the main comp.
  • Run Warp Stabilizer on the Left Eye footage pre-comp.
  • Duplicate the Left Eye footage pre-comp
  • Select the top copy of the Left Eye footage in the Pre-comp, lock the bottom copy of the left eye pre-comp
  • Select the Right Eye pre-comp from the Project panel, hold down the Alt/Option key and drag the Right eye pre-comp to the timeline 

This should apply the same warp stabilizing to the right eye that was applied to the left eye.

Now you can pre-compose the stabilized left eye pre-comp then pre-compose the right eye pre-comp and render each of these pre-comps to end up with stabilized left eye and right eye footage. 

I have not tried the replace footage trick with warp stabilized footage but it should work. Let us know if it does.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines