• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arri RAW work flow in after effects for color grading and correction.

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I would like to know the exact workflow for Arri RAW footage when color grading a feature lenght film in After Effects, please.

Also what are the color space and render formats required for cinema distribution and broadcasting for Netflix etc, that will be used officially.

I was told that after effects is not great for Arri RAW footage and preferablement Davinci resolve is the best choise.

Can you please let me know if this is true.

Could you also give examples of famous current feature films where after effects is used both in effects and color grading. Please.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody grades entire movies in AE. Let's get that out of the way first. If at all, you pre-grade your VFX shots, but only in a manner that the global grading applied later to the entire piece results in the same look, which is indeed doen a lot in Resolve and other tools. The rest entirely depends on the facility you are working with and what requirements they have which can mean anything from a custom LUT workflow to standard Rec. 709 or ACES film profiles. Either way, you can't fish blindly here and have to talk to people.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mylenium.

I spoke with ARRI as well and they say industry standard is Davinci resolve for Arri RAW and as it's a feature film ACES color management is  the standard.

It's still upsetting that After Effects is not able to color correct top end feature films, not even with extra pluggings.

I'v always loved the workflow in After effects, so much nicer then the other software I have experienced.

Is there any current feature films that are color corrected with After Effects?

Best.

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines