• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ASIO or MME for YouTube? Latency?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this post applies to After Effects AND Premiere Pro because it's kinda the same problem.

I wanted to know if I should either choose ASIO or MME in my audio settings. I know what changes: the latency but if I want to upload it to YouTube, how can I anticipate the YouTube latency + the latency of other people with their computer/phone?

Should I choose ASIO or MME when creating a YouTube video?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only relevant for your own local playback and has absolutely no bearing on encoding or for that matter YouTube.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the latency changes because of YouTube compression and other devices the video will play on... I don't know if either ASIO or MME represents the best the latency YouTube provides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no way to perfectly sync streaming video and that is that, with the point really being that not only YouTube's adaptive delivery may affect the timing, but of course things like general bandwidth considerations, kinds of networks used or what device soemone uses. You have no control over any of that and it will be different on any device no matter what, so trying to fix it on your end is really pointless, no offense. All you can do is encode the file and hope for the best. Again, your local audio preview settings have no bearing on any of this, though you could of course adjust them in such a way that they emulate the slowest "Smart TV" on the planet with lots of lag. Doesn't help you, though. If at all, you would have to hard-encode any delays by mis-aligning the audio and video track, but that of course would only ever be valid for one specific device like we used to do it in the old days when disk-based devices for video walls used to cause such issues. Once more: You are looking for a fix for something that technically can't be avoided. It's a limitation you have to live with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines