• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attaching surround sound audio inside AE

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any plans down the road to be able to import multichannel audio and render out movies with embedded multichannel audio. I know Premier can do this but it's not an ideal solution for setups that make hundreds of renders and need to be turned around quickly. Doing this out of AE would cut so many steps out of the process. 

thanks

mark

warner media studios

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see multi-channel audio as a feature request if After Effects was good at editing videos, but if you are only creating shots that are going to be edited into sequences to make scenes and the scenes are going to be edited into movies, I don't think the feature would be of much use to most users. 

How long are the videos you are rendering in After Effects that require multi-channel audio? Almost everyone that I know in the visual effects, motion graphics, and animation industry, uses AE to create shots and edit the final movie in an NLE. I don't know anybody that usually creates a whole movie in a single AE comp or in a single 3D project. Polishing outside an NLE is just too tedious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use AE for motion graphics and am constantly in need of rendering with surround audio. adding a surround option in the render queue within after effects would save me a ton of time... like a TON.  my delivery files need to have surround audio attached and as of now i am forced to take extra steps to attach that audio.  wouldn't be a big deal if i were only using for a few elements but it's usually in the hundreds.  i would love to see that take effect in a near-future version.. or even a plug-in that did that.  i've been looking but with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like this feature request  need a more votes!

Audio channel mapping with Stereo AND Surround defaults (like Premiere Pro)

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition/suggestions/41351566-audio-channel-mapping-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I totally agree NLE is superior in this. But our audio is produced for us and there are pretty much individual elements. Like transitions and bump ins for live sports. So the same element can be versioned out easily a hundred times which would be a tedious job even for an editor. Cut, paste, repeat, render... but if we can have the audio track inside the comp it's a 1 step final output. Our workflow here requires us to be the last step in the pipeline before it hits air through the trucks or through studio. Currently we use rush to control the render farm then ffmpeg takes the frames and attaches the audio and produces 4444 quicktimes. It's great, but if you just need one render out of it AE could knock it out in 10seconds vs the 5+ minimum it would take through the farm. With volume the farm wins hands down but when on the road with only a laptop the farm is not always an option or best choice for a fast turn around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is really making me miss QuickTime Player Pro classic where we could append a Soundtrack to a ProRes or Animation QuickTime from AE and save in a matter of clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines