• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio continues while video freezes

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been happening for months. I'm not sure how it started but the video can play for about 10-15 seconds before it just stops completely but the audio continues to play. I can upload any settings I just don't know what specifically would help. I cleared out my laptop a while ago and I have a lot of storage free. After Effects was working perfectly fine for about 6 months before the problem started.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest to check the following - 

1. What if you try playing back the video in Lower resolution instead of Full Resolution. 

2. Check the Disk cache..it should be enabled and increase its size by going to the prefernences >Media & Disk Cache.

3. Check the Memory and Preformance in the prefernences and assign more RAM to After Effects.

4. Try changing the Video Rendring & effects to Mercury Software only by going to the Project settings.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I tried all of those things and nothing seems to be working. Really stuck on what to do now this problem has been happening for over 4 months 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nate5E6A,

Sorry for your issue. Would you mind sharing the following details:

• Your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?
  • The exact version of After Effect.
  • Details of the footage you're working with (frame rate, frame size, format/codec). Also, does it happen in any other project with different media?

You can try clearing the media cache and resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 1.5/7.9 GB

RAM: 16 GB

OS: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10

Verson 16.1.0 (Build 204)

Frame rate: 29.97 fps

Frame size: 1920x1080

Format: AVI

It happens with all projects I have, including old ones before the problem and new ones started after the problem. I've cleared the media cache multiple times, although I have tried resetting my preferences. Hope this information is sufficient, I am happy to send anything else you would need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was having this problem. Through experimentation I just discovered if you first bring the clip into iMovie and then export it as a new file, the new file imports into After Effects and previews/renders perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi you way seems legit 

Can you give me a type of tutotrial pls bro it would be a god gift like thing bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines