Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio in AE sounds Garbled?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to preview my audio in AE it always sounds garbled like something is preventing it from playing smoothly, just sounds all chewed up. At first I used an MP3 file and I thought maybe that's the problem since I read on here that it's best to use a wav file for production instead. So I converted the MP3 into a Wav through media encoder and it still sounds the same, all garbled up. What's wrong with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details like version of AE, audio settings and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System info and AE version down to the last decimal point please? Are you new to AE? Do you know how to run a ram preview? There a bunch of ways to foul things up but we have no ideas what may be happening to you without some details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using AE 2017 version 14.0.1.5. And yes I am new to AE. And I am not sure of how to run a ram preview. One thing is that the once rendered, the audio sounds fine. It's just when I try to preview it in AE it tends to always sound garbled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just when I try to preview it in AE it tends to always sound garbled.

this could be that you are audio is not playing in real-time and the default is to hear it in slow-mo.

if you want to cancel this feature you can check this.

now you won't hear bad audio if it's not real time.

I am not sure of how to run a ram preview

Ae is designed to playback cached frames in real-time. meaning you usually have to cache the frame (save them to memory by caching them) before you can have a smooth playback.

try these settings for Numpad 0 playback:

also read here to learn more about playback:

Preview without rendering in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Checkly,

Did you ever solve your audio issue? Please let us know if one of our experts' responses assisted you, or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy sir my name is srosh Jan.

i am facing a problem and nowhere I found the solution to this problem at least youtube.

sir when I play my sound in after-effects of any audio its plays normally after 2 seconds it sounds horrible like slow-mo and the pitch of the sound is changed.

like a girl singing a song after 1 or 2 seconds, it sounds like an old man singing the song.

i am worried about it I am using adobe 2020 version 17.5.0 please help me sir as fast as anyone you can.

I'm holding my projects until anyone replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this and my preview finally works very smoothly after setting sample rate to the lowest one.

File > Project Settings > Audio > Sample rate > 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines