Audio plays a second before dropping out

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple wave file of narration on a track. It was playing back just fine, but now it will play maybe one second before dropping out. I don't have "mute audio if playback is not real time" enabled. What else could be causing this?

TOPICS
Audio , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for writing in.

What's the source of the wav file? Does it happen with this particular file or all of them? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version) and the exact version of After Effects you're using?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working for now, so I'll let it drop. But here's an interesting detail in case it tells you something useful. The audio in question was copied from Premiere. I copy and pasted the file from the project folder in Premiere to AE. Again, it worked at first, but then started the issue previously described. So I decided to just open the file from Premiere in Audition to then export it as a separate file and use that one in place of the other. I exported the file, but before even importing it to AE, the original file was then playing correctly in AE. Makes no sense to me, but there you go.

AE version 22.4.0

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 128 GB (128 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 21H2
OS build 19044.1766
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wouldn't you know? Now it's not working again. I went ahead and imported the new file, and it also drops out just like the other one. As a test, I imported some other audio to AE, and it also plays a second and stops.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines