• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio spectrum takes a huge amount of time to render as of late

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a couple of weeks the audio spectrum  I use for a weekly podcast takes an enormous amout of render time (pretty much a full day), even though it was perfectly fine before that (about 30 min to 1 hour on a laptop).

The audio file has a lenght of around 20–30 minutes.

I attached the settings of the spectrum via screenshot.

Thanks for investigating.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are just adding an audio visualizer, there are a lot of web-based solutions that will do that in real-time. They have more options.

I don't know what has changed in your system or your project. If you updated After Effects, you could always use the Creative Cloud app to roll back a version or two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wiothout exact info about your system, your project, render settings and so on this is more or less meaningless. Could be a slow cache drive, could be issues with hardware acceleration, could be multiframe rendering, could be anything else. Either way, you have to be more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced the same issue with the audio spectrum effect today as well. A 4 minute song project that used to render in 5-10 minutes ended up taking 70 minutes on my M1 Max Mac Studio. I contacted Adobe support but no solutions so far. I had to send the files to someone who is using a Windows computer to help me render them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines