• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Stutter

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at multiple forms in here and I have yet to find a proper resolution. I'm editing a video and started with audio (MP3 Files) and everything was fine, but then I began to add videos (MP4) and the audio began to stutter, skip, go in slow motion. It's hard to edit when my visuals depend on the audio now. Any advice?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be a dozen things causing the issue, especially if your MP4 files are created with screen capture software or something like that.

But ultimately, neither mp3 or MP4 are production formats, they're designed for delivery.  The best way to elimate issues is to use a conversion tool like Adobe Media Encoder and export all required audio from the original source files to an uncompressed format like WAV.  Reimport these to AE and position them appropriately in your comp.  Turn off all the original audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for the response! I have made the MP3s into WAV files using the
media encoder, unfortunately not much of a difference in the audio issues.
I also exported the AE project to see if it was a playback issue, but even
the exported video had the audio issue. I saw somewhere online that RAM is
a possible issue and I believe I don’t have a lot of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines