• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aumation Blocks script idea Render Dialog when somthing is added to the Queue

Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a new idea for an Automation Blocks script. Is it possible to make a script that sees if a new entry is made in the Render Queue and than presents a dialog with all the common render settings you might want to set like if it is a image sequense, if you want to include proxies or turn the rendered result into a proxies as well as all the formats via a dropdown. Right now my "programming" skills are a bit to limited for this kind of task so maybe someone can point me in the right direction or comes up with a solution.

Best

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripts and also Automation Blocks tools cannot monitor in the background if something in the render queue (or a comp or whatever) changed. They always need to be executed manually.

If you render very frequently with a particular render setting and output module, you could use the Add to Render Queue block to create a tool which adds the active comp to the render queue with exactly those settings. Then you can have a keyboard shortcut (or kbar button, for example) to render with those settings.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mathias,

I didn't see your answer until now. Thanks for replying.

After watching one of the courses which also covered rendering I assumed something like that. I've now come up with a different idea as it didn't seem to valueable and you could always just change the settings in the render queue.

I've now just used your "Queue with Different Settings Based on Comp Name" script and adjusted the settings to use my most used render settings. This will do it for most of the time 8)

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very good to hear. It is exactly how I imagined Automation Blocks could be used: Find an example that is close to what you need and tweak it to fit 100% to your individual workflow 🙂

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it works so nice 🥳

I have just on additional question. In the add to Ae Render Queue block is there a way to open up a dialog to specify where the render goes? Right now I pointed it to a location I often use, but there are times where I need to change it. I could go into the Render Queue after the entry is created and change it there but maybe there is another way to do it one go. I tried the select folder dialog but it expects a file dialog which I couldn't find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three blocks for choosing file/folder paths:

- Open Folder Dialog: Allows to choose an existing folder

- Open File Dialog: Allows to choose an existing file

- Save File Dialog: Allows to choose an existing file or enter one that does not exist, yet.

So for choosing a file for the render queue, you most likely want to use the "Save File Dialog". Or use the "Open Folder Dialog" and append a file name to the path with some block code, if you want to only choose the target folder and generate the file name from the comp name or something else automatically.

Extra tip:

If the file/folder path is just one of several things which the user should input, you can use a Modal Input Dialog and use the input types "choose folder", "open file" and "save file", to create those inputs as part of a bigger dialog.

I created this picture as a summary 🙂
file and folder dialogs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is so amazing. Thanks a lot for all your help!

I also thought of adding more attributes(not just the comp name) to the name using a list which works fine. However it adds the brackets around the name as you can see here Export Name.png

Which isn't a big deal but is there a way to get rid of them?

I also like to put the renderings into a folder with the comp name which can be done in the render queue using the save in subfolder checkbox. If I use the script this option is disabled. Is there a way to check it with the script or would you do it in another way?

Again thanks a lot for all your help8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines