• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Orient

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Auto orient is turned off but everytime i try to orbit the objects move still. Why is that?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide a better explanation what you are actually doing and ideally screenshots. Nobody can make sense of such a generic and at best vague question.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to work on your communication skills. The last part of thst comment was unnecessary thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6D2A8419-B583-45BC-B1D3-BB1D5F94AD28.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FCF86742-4FD7-4389-89BF-1076679DF385.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cropped screenshots do not show us what you are doing. Is there a camera? Are you using the camera tool? I don't see any keyframes. Select the problem layers, press UU to reveal all modified properties, then take a screenshot, not a photo with your phone, and paste it to the forum. Every OS has a very easy way to take a screenshot. On a Mac, it is Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3.

The only thing I see in your screenshots is that you have selected a 3D layer. The toolbar is not in the shot so I do not know what options you have selected. For all I know, there is nothing wrong with the tools or the UI. Auto Orient just keeps a layer pointed at the camera. It does not keep it parallel to the camera, just pointed at the camera. so if the anchor point is not at the point of interest of the camera or at comp center if there is no camera, the layer will have a little shift in orientation. Auto Orient does not affect X, Y, or Z rotation, it only affects orientation on a 3D layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with Rick on this one. Still not at all clear what exactly you are doing. The only thing one could assume from your cropped screenshot is that there may be an issue with your parenting, but similarly, it's not discernible what is parented to what and how it's even animated. Screenshots showing the full timeline with all properties revealed would certainly help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines