Hi there!!! This is an emergency please someone help me out! so recently I started working on a project on ae when my laptop crashed and I had to take it to repair and they told it a software problem I thought I lost all my data but I got everything but I had to reinstall ae and when I tried to open my auto saved project on new ae it wouldn't. it just crashes the auto saved projects are not purple icon btw what is this all about? Will I loose my whole project? I'm so sad.
You haven't given us that much information to base this on. Please provide screenshots/video clips of the software not opening and your AE icon. All I can tell you right now is to go into Task Manager/Activity Manager and end "AfterFX.exe" and reopen it.
Im still not seeing an image... try resending it. Does it just like like a blank file icon? Like the little folded paper thing on Windows?
Why does it appear like that? Is there any way to get my project back 😞
Ok yeah, when you uninstall a software and re install it that creates the icons to be messed up until you reopen the project. Anyways have you tried ending the AfterFX.exe task in Task Manager and/or running AE as an administrator?
Yes I tried them both it's still the same any idea what to do now?
Try all of these
- End AdobeUpdateService.exe as well as AfterFX.exe
- Mess around with permissions settings
- Delete everything in C:\Users\[username]\Local\Temp folder (or launch Premiere and clear cache from there as well)
- Go to C:\Users\[username]\Roaming\Adobe\ and rename the "After Effects" folder to "AfterEffects.old". This will reset your preferences, meaning you may have to adjust preferences once working again.
- Remove third party plugins one at a time to see if this is causing issues (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\MediaCore\7.0/Plug-ins)
- Update graphics drivers
Lots of potential solutions here:
If none work, wait for an ACP to reply or contact support through virtual assistant.