• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto saved project not opening I'm reinstalled after effects

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!!! This is an emergency please someone help me out! so recently I started working on a project on ae when my laptop crashed and I had to take it to repair and they told it a software problem I thought I lost all my data but I got everything but I had to reinstall ae and when I tried to open my auto saved project on new ae it wouldn't. it just crashes the auto saved projects are not purple icon btw what is this all about? Will I loose my whole project? I'm so sad.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't given us that much information to base this on. Please provide screenshots/video clips of the software not opening and your AE icon. All I can tell you right now is to go into Task Manager/Activity Manager and end "AfterFX.exe" and reopen it.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are not showing up purple like how the auto save files should
be?? And when I try to open it wouldn't. Is this pic enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still not seeing an image... try resending it. Does it just like like a blank file icon? Like the little folded paper thing on Windows?

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20220712_215420.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it appear like that? Is there any way to get my project back 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok yeah, when you uninstall a software and re install it that creates the icons to be messed up until you reopen the project. Anyways have you tried ending the AfterFX.exe task in Task Manager and/or running AE as an administrator?

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried them both it's still the same any idea what to do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try all of these

- End AdobeUpdateService.exe as well as AfterFX.exe

- Mess around with permissions settings

- Delete everything in C:\Users\[username]\Local\Temp folder (or launch Premiere and clear cache from there as well)

- Go to C:\Users\[username]\Roaming\Adobe\ and rename the "After Effects" folder to "AfterEffects.old". This will reset your preferences, meaning you may have to adjust preferences once working again.

- Remove third party plugins one at a time to see if this is causing issues (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\MediaCore\7.0/Plug-ins)

- Update graphics drivers

Lots of potential solutions here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-won-t-launch/m-p/6815479#M876...

If none work, wait for an ACP to reply or contact support through virtual assistant.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines