• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Sizing Text Box Glitching

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm creating a motion graphics template lower thirds animation. I used an expression on scale to make the box automatically resize to fit the text. I've never had this trouble before when doing this- but when I type, the box gets much bigger than it needs to. Also, at the beginning, the box expands then contracts before the text even shows up. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

    

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text animator is going to affect the sourceRectAtTime() values, so you probably need to pick a time when the text size has settled, like sourceRectAtTime(5,false) or maybe sourceRectAtTime(0,false) if the text is already at full size at time = 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I did before I left work yesterday, but it's not glitching anymore. I have the expression on the transform property of the rectangle path and it's working but thanks for your answer because I now understand what the code is actually saying. I'm sure this will help in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not sure what I did before I left work yesterday, but it's not glitching
anymore. I have the expression on the transform property of the rectangle
path and it's working but thanks for your answer because I now understand
what the code is actually saying. I'm sure this will help in the future.

--
Noah Hudson
Videographer/Photographer
SANY Schools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines