• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Trace is Inaccurate

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to trace this logo (attached below) in AE so I can animate it using the Genereate Stroke effect. There are a lot of shapes and straight lines involved but I didn't think this would be a problem. However, I can't get an accurate tracing of these shapes AT ALL. The auto trace either picks up on every single pixel on lines that run diagonally, or they make every shape look hand-drawn. I tried to clean up the image by putting it through an image trace in Illustrator and tried the process again, hoping that it would pump out better results for a vector-based image, but the results were the same. I don't know if there's a better way to generate paths from an image and I need the logo to be as sharp as possible so I need help!

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Resources , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what you are expecting here. The image has terrible low-res quality to begin with. This will never produce satisfying results with automated tracing in any program on this planet. There's just not enough info there. You realyl have to sit  down and re-draw it in a clean manner in Illustrator or rebuild it using shape layers and all that in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines