Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

automatic export of frames

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For a NFT project I need to export 1969 seperate animations. Given this number it's not possible to do this by hand so I'm looking for a way to automate this. From my 3d package I render out 1969 times 200 frames in the same folder and then I need to automatically load them into AE or Media Encoder or Premiere in some way to export those as seperate video files. Is there a way to automate this through one of the apps or through scripting?

I would like to know anyones thoughts on this.

-Joep

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Expressions , How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While I dont know the specifics of your specific project, I would be remiss to not mention Templater for Adobe After Effects — an extension that handles batch export via automation driven by a spreadsheet.  You could setup your project for this kind of processing by Templater Bot and then let it handle the re-versioning of the master project and then rendering the re-version  to disk.  You can also just send a replicate of the master project that can be sent to  Media Encoder to get access to bed transcoding options. 

See more here: https://dataclay.com/templater

Hope this may help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your animation already done when you export the 200 frames or do you do any postprocessing using AE?

In the first case, you can use ffmpeg to convert the image sequnce into a video file.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were dark times not so long ago where none of this could even be scripted or automated otherwise and people just had to sit in front of the computer for a bit and manually add compositions and jobs to the render queue. I've done crazier stuff in my career. With that being the case, I'm sure your can find a simple script on AEScripts.com that imports your footage, creates a comp and adds it to the render queue. Just one bit of old man advice: Don't even dream of re-using the same folder over and over. Create separate folders for each sequence or you'll either crash your 3D render when AE tries to access files at the wrong time or you have to re-render stuff when AE wrongly creates a clip from an incomplete render. Everything else can be handled relatively easily and contrary to your statement also by hand with a bit of a smart workflow like creating a baseline project with 50 comps and matching render queue items and then dynamically renaming and moving the folders the footage is in in your operating system. That's how we got stuff done 25 years ago...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys, these all sound like very handy suggestions! I will look into all of them and see what works best, this is a great start in any case. If there are any problems I'll surely ask them.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines