• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Blocks - Get Value and Expression It

Participant ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing so much file management stuff, I've not yet dived too far into layer stuff yet. So, I thought I'd start of simple, and very quickly got lost.

I find myself accidentally grabbing layers and moving them and have found that expressing them to a position works really well when working.

I am unable to figure out how to "get" a value of a selected layer and then express that value into the position field.

How do I turn this...

Position Value.png

Into this?

Expressed Value.png

I know how to "set" the expression via a block, but not how to poll the Position value into a variable so I can apply it, but this ain't it.

ExpressPosition.png

As always, any input is appreciated.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue is the "without root" option of your "get attribute value" block.

You need to choose a root layer there from which the position should be taken.

I just did this quick test, which "expresses" all selected properties:

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 14.27.12.png

Technical detail: Note that "my value" is a list and when using it for setting the expression, it is converted into a text of the form "[val1,val2,val3]" automatically, which is the correct syntax you need in expressions.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm getting how this expresses ALL channels, but I'm only wanting to express the Position property (or a specified set of properties) of a selected layer(s) without having to roll out and select the property?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, then you can do it exactly the way you tried. Just make sure to use the "root layer" as I explained in my last post.ExpressPosition.png

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines