• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Blocks How can I create keyframes from markers with numbers?

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

So, there's one REALLY useful thing that I'd need in my job. I'm a youtuber editor, and sometimes I need to create some kind of counter number controlled by a Point Controller because it goes above 1,000,000. All I need is to have an Automation that let's me create keyframes on the Point Controller (on one of the axis at least, if the other stays the same or changes with the other one, should be ok) from markers placed on an adjustment layer. I have something similar going for a Slider Controller with Automation Toolkit, but I want to migrate to Automation Blocks completely.

Thanks a lot in advance and I hope you can help me

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Thank you for your suggestion!

I just added this Automation Blocks tool to the Community Library:

Layer Properties/Markers/Create Keyframes at Markers with Value From Marker Comment

Here is a demo video showing how to use it:

The more examples we have in the community library, the quicker is the development. For this example I started with another tool, which already iterates over all marker times and just replaced the part of the logic, which says what exactly should be done at each marker

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion!

I just added this Automation Blocks tool to the Community Library:

Layer Properties/Markers/Create Keyframes at Markers with Value From Marker Comment

Here is a demo video showing how to use it:

The more examples we have in the community library, the quicker is the development. For this example I started with another tool, which already iterates over all marker times and just replaced the part of the logic, which says what exactly should be done at each marker.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man! Thank you so much. This is huge! It has a lot of uses, even an opportunity to create subtitles with just one layer for simple videos.

I'll be using this one for my actual video. I'll see if I can modify it later to make it even more  fitted to my needs because right now, for one specific type of counter, I have to make markers like this:

*First instance*

Marker 1: $0

(20 frames later for the animation going up)
Marker 2: $35

*Next instance*

Marker 3: $35

Marker 4: $87

*Next instance*

Marker 5: $87

Marker 6: $114

And on and on. It has a constant pattern. So, I'd like to figure out a way to work with only one marker for this specific counter this way:

Following the previous case, I'd put marker 3, write 87 (marker 4 value) and the automation could place a marker (with the previous value of marker 2: 35), go 20 frames forward and place keyframe 87. That way, I would only spend half the time placing half the markers.

And a workaround for the other ones that doesn't increase at the same amount of frames, I would be looking for a way too make every empty marker to create a keyframe with the previous marker value just to avoid the hassle of naming/commenting the markers when I create them because that in premiere is really slow and not optimized

If you happen to be interested in exploring these methods or guiding me the right way, I'd appreciate it a lot. Also, the team is watching this whole thing getting develop and I'm testing it to see if we can all use it to make our work a lot easier, so I might reach out to ask how we can get a team licensing for around 10 - 12  people

Thanks a lot in advance for your time!

This plugin is huge, and I can't wait to see it go even bigger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man! Sorry to bother, but I'm having this issue when I try to use the Automation in the point control or in a source text. Already tried changing the composition name

is there something else I might be doing wrong?

franztomandl_0-1662173075693.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked when I changed the name of the layer ("252342") which was just a text layer I wasn't using yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines