• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Blocks: Interpret Footage Proxy

Participant ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working with EXRs, we have to interpret the file to Preserve RGB when using the OCIO plugin workflow.

When we render them out, we have to Preserve RGB in the Render Settings.

If we use the "Set Proxy" Post Render Action for Output Module Settings it replaces the rendered comp with raw EXRs that have to be set back to Preserve RGB every single time you render.

There is currently no way to script this on footage OR on proxies.

Adobe - Please, please, please open this function up to scripts. I'm doing so much extra work clicking in Interpret Footage/Proxy dialogs, despite having a great tool (Automation Block) that could streamline this.

Also, there no way to script "Set Proxy>None"

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply.

You can deactivate proxies or set a proxy to none with Automation Blocks with the Set Attribute of Project Item block like this:

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 09.48.42.png

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For setting the Preserve RGB, in this post @JC de Blok  suggests a workaround using the menu commands "Remember Interpretation" and "Apply Interpretation", to effectively copy/paste the settings from a dummy item:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/using-script-to-set-quot-preserve-rgb-quot-...

You should be able to do that with Automation Blocks, too, since Automation Blocks can

1) select project items

2) execute menu commands.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only works inconsistantly.

GetApplyPreserveRGB.png

The "Get Preserve RGB" function works, sometimes, but not all the time. Not enough to be able to put it into a pipeline.

Since I'm trying to apply the "preserved" value from a piece of footage...

Get Preserve RGB .png

...onto a proxy, this don't work unless I do it manually no matter what.

Apply Preserved RGB.png

The Set Attribute block you recommended "will" help for the end of my render process, so thank you very much for that. However both options just "deactivate the proxy", not "Set proxy > none".

But it's effectively the same thing in this case and one less step can sometimes be huge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, menu commands are not always reliable, unfortunately. Maybe it depends on which panel has focus.

On my machine, it actually sets the proxy to none, but I noticed that Ae sometimes does not update the icon before the project item instantly, but only after I click in the project panel. Maybe that's the same on your machine, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines