Exit

Background layers are not being rendered

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am a beginner in after effects. 

https://youtu.be/Eo4R0wtas4M

I followed this tutorial to create a twinkling star background and created running lines above it using shape layer. When I'm rendering the video, only the shape layer is being rendered. I tried rendering with both render queue and media encoder.

If I'm hiding the shape layer, only a black solid background is being rendered.

I have attached screenshots of my working screen and the output. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I immediately suspected, you have (inadvertently) turned several layers into guide layers, which will of course not render and are meant as visual - erm - guides while working. I suggest you read the online help on such basics before even delving into tutorials.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came looking for a helpful answer to this same thing. I love this tutorial as well. I found help in this article. I'm sure it's too late for you but for anyone else that comes here looking for help. https://www.aiseesoft.com/how-to/export-video-from-after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines