• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background transparency

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am trying to get rid of the  black background of a file i imported from Hitfilm Pro into After Effects with transparency. I have looked on the web and tried a few things like  Blend Modes, Shift Channels, Linear color key etc, but nothing seems to work. Do any of you guys have any ideas?. Just finding my way here.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably looking for some kind of procedural matte. Some stock clips have a black and white copy that can be used as a track matte. 

Without seeing the actual shot it is pretty hard to suggest an efficient workflow. If you can embed a screenshot or link to the video we can probably point you in the right direction. I have about 40 different workflows that I use on different kinds of shots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, it is just a ground fire effect that has transparency, but turns up in AE with a black background 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to link the file, but it is over 47mb, and i dont have a clue about Url`s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the clip in the Project Panel and take a screenshot so we can see what kind of footage you are dealing with. Check File Interpretation (file menu) and see if there is an Alpha option.

If the footage interpretation says there is an alpha and you create a new comp from the clip and turn on the transparency grid and you see no checkerboard, then there is probably something wrong with the codec or the way the footage was interpreted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines