• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad quality after uploading

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I study After Effects now, and i have problems with quality of video when i upload it somewhere. At my comp it works perfect- high quality video, But then when i upload it somewhere: Behance, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo and other, the quality of video is much lower.😔😔.

I save it in mov and mp4, (h264).. I tried everything , diffrend sizes: 1080px, 2000px, 2500px, diffrend presets in Media encoder. But always the same result.

I see, for example many videos in Fb in high quality, so , it means that problem is not in compression, otherwise all video in Facebook would be bad, not only mine.

So what i do wrong?😩

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a bunch of different H.264 compression setting.  The internet companies are all doing their own compression, so it was just easier for me.  I did notice a few of the presets actually looked worse on uploading.  For ease of use I just stick with Match Quality, High Bitrate.  
If you are not happy with the quality, could it be the subject matter?  Lots of particles or low light can cause issues for compression.  Can you post a few before and after frames here, it might help to shed light on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is this video on Facebook you can see, bad  quality compared wuth other videos on Facebook  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0mSMTeroXn84VwfaNMqT3zXcDqigpVoSdsSKAHvuj3rfW97tEfF...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would probably help if you provided soem actual screenshots. That said, of course your quality will degrade. Pretty much any online service will re-compress your footage and you simply don't have much influence and control over those things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why some videos in Fb very good quality. And some in bad, like mine.  Why if Facebook compression for every? This is is the most question. If i do video for client,  and then it when he upload it, it's looks  so awful.  I see on Fb many commercial promo video in very good and clean quality,  then it's possible,  but how?🤷‍:female_sign:

Here is video for example my video,  and you can see on letters - it's not clearly, looks not good:  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0mSMTeroXn84VwfaNMqT3zXcDqigpVoSdsSKAHvuj3rfW97tEfF...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each Social Network does its own compression and even if you leave a high data rate, the video you upload will still be highly compressed. However, if it is of very poor quality, it may only be within the first 15 minutes of uploading your videos, after that you could already see a better quality. I have not read this anywhere, I have experienced it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it might seem silly but I notice a little difference in quality when I upload from Android and when I upload from iOS (iPhone). The upload quality from an iPhone gives a bit of better quality, you still have to wait about 15 minutes for it to improve a bit. Again, I have not read this anywhere, it is my perception as a user of both platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload always from MacBook,  because  all files i have there only.  Videos many days already there,  quality is awful still . Here you can see https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0mSMTeroXn84VwfaNMqT3zXcDqigpVoSdsSKAHvuj3rfW97tEfF...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is the resolution of the video? It looks very bad. It seems a little strange to me that even though I see it on an iMac M1 I still see it in mobile mode, not as a desktop version. Do you use a browser or a third-party application to upload it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use browser only. Resolution i tried different  , really different  , a lot versions.  1080, 1980, 2000, 2500, 3000- different,  i tried everything,  no difference.  Also i now made for stories  1080×1980 high, and Fb strach it in width, why , i don't know,  because it's 1080×1920 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try other devices because something might not be working with the one you are using. What I'm sure is that After Effects is not the cause of the poor quality of your uploaded videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean i should to try to upload video not from computer?  I can from computer upload to Dropbox then from Dropbox to my smartphone and from smartphone to Facebook then. Something like this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines