Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Balancing tutorials

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm creating a logo animation and need some help with some techniques. I'm trying to balance a square on a circle (attached). So the square is on top of the circle/ball and wants to turn over, but the ball prevents that by moving to the left/right. I don't have any example to show, that's also why I'm writing this. If you know what I'm trying to say, please help me out with maybe a tutorial or some tips. 

Kind regards,

Luk Ramon

TOPICS
Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please embed your screenshots. The Drag and Drop area is useless. Just drag them to the reply field or use the toolbar.

example

Here's what I would do. 

• Make sure the anchor point of the ball layer is in the center of the ball
  • Add a null to the timeilne and match the ball position so the anchor point of the ball and the Null is at the center of the ball
  • Parent the Null to the ball
  • Prent the square to the Null

Now when you move the ball the null moves and the square moves. When you rotate the ball the null rotates and the square rotates from the center of the ball to it sticks to the radius of the ball

Now it's time to set up your animation. If you want to get fancy you can get the ball to rotate based on the size of the ball so all you have to do is animate the position by using a simple expression. 

I hope that helps get you started. If you need more help post a screenshot showing your whole comp with the modified properties of all layers revealed. Select the layers, press uu, then use the toolbar to embed the images.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines