Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I'm trying to find a way to automate the following:

1. Let's say I have 100 short videos 10sec each 

2. I want to export each video so that each video contains 10 loops of itself

for example:

Video 1 is 10 seconds, exported it is 100 seconds of the same video

Is it possible to batch process this so that I can apply the same export to all videos?

If not, what's the next fastest way to do this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create a comp where your first video is played 10 times and then use CompsFromSpreadsheet to create copies of that comp for the 99 other videos.

Templater also has very powerful workflows for these kinds of batch processes.

The beta testing phase of my upcoming tool Automation Blocks will start soon and might also be an option for these kinds of automations. Let me know if you want to join the beta. Automation Blocks allows to create your own automations by combining "lego bricks". See these tweets to get an idea: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AutomationBlocksAe&src=typed_query

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If all videos are similar duration and you don't want to do any scripting, its possible with a bit of manual labour.

However, few questions are important:

1. How existing media files are named? Do they contain particular naming convention?

2. How you want to export them?

3. Does exported video name matters, and if so - provide a naming convention based on the 1st point.

Accordingly, you could prepare a template boilerplate, and by duplicating the folder and manually replacing video in a folder do the renders with AME. Its not ideal, but could not require scripting, nor other tools at all. 

The ones mentioned by Mathias are spot on though, in addition to scripting action by yourself.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines