• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best method for adding clone in moving footage?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have footage (somewhat shaky) of a slow zoom on an actor in a large field and for very brief moments I'd like to make "ghosts" of the actor appear around them.  At first I tried duplicating the footage, keying out the grass and using a motion tracker to place the ghost near the actor.  This almost works, except the actor doesn't stay planted in the one place because the motion tracking is only applying to the anchor point of the footage and not the actor in that footage.  What's the best way to work around this in order to make the ghost appear as if they're planted on the ground rather than flying around the frame?  Is there a different method I should try to achieve a similar result?  I've attached a storyboard I made to show what I'm trying to achieve.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

I used Stabilize Motion on the ghost footage and that seems to have done an adequate job for my purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used Stabilize Motion on the ghost footage and that seems to have done an adequate job for my purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines