• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better texturizer method or plugin?

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project that's using the texturizer effect heavily, with a single paper texture used across multiple shots containing a variety of characters and environments. I want to create a consistent scale and look to the texture across all elements.

Unfortunately this effect is resolution dependent and about as basic as they come. It doesn't even offer a tiling/UV repeat control -- it has a tiling option but this just fills the comp based on its own resolution, with no option to increase or decrease the number of repeats to be applied as the texture. My elements are all of vastly different resolutions meaning that keeping the scale of my texture consistent even within a shot is very difficult. At the moment, precomping and scaling the texture itself seems to be the only way to deal with this, which is time consuming.

Is there any trick to getting this to be more user friendly, or can anyone recommend a plugin or better tool to do this?

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?