• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black bars after render

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I rendering my project(audio reaction) i have black bars on all sides.Please Help me :/.

https://imgur.com/a/VwhO1https://imgur.com/a/VwhO1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

You just make sure that you can see the entire comp screen and then use position and scale to fill up the images. I still suspect that your AE project is just fine and that the Media Player is just not sized properly so you are seeing black edges.

If you check the size of the artwork or footage and it is the same size as the composition then it fills the screen.

Because you are so new to After Effects you must start here: Basic AE​. Get through the Beginners Guide and then go through the first fe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know because you included no project details like frame size or render settings. If the comp is not 1080 X 1920 and set to square pixels then you'll get black bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comp is 1080x1920 and square pixels.Tomorrow I send more photos/screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your media player may be putting the boarders on the image. You may have monkeyed with the rendering options. If you open the footage in After Effects it should show no boarders. If it does you have customized a setting somewhere. If it does not show black bars then the problem is in your media player.

Please just drag screenshots and images directly to the reply field on the form or use PrintScreen and paste. It's a lot easier to see what we are supposed to be evaluating that way and it's less work than uploading and creating a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you writing in points what I must do?I am very amateur.I send more photos tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss 1.pngss 1.pngss.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots have been resized so it's nearly impossible to read them but I think you are rendering to a standard preset in AE and your comp is set to 1080 X 1920 so that's how big your video is. The black bars in your media player are probably from the media player. I know it says images will be resized to 900 X 900 in the import image dialogue but that does not mean they will be resampled. Please do not resize them so we can see what is on them.

Please import one of your rendered files to AE and check the file size by selecting the file in the Project Panel and checking the info to the right of the thumbnail at the top. The file size should say 1920 X 1080. Then if you double click the footage in the Project panel it should bring up the footage panel. Make sure that the magnification factor at the bottom left corner is set to FIT so you can see the entire edge of your footage. There should be no black border.

If you see a black border check your Composition panel inside After Effects. You have covered up the Magnification factor at the bottom right so I can't tell if we are seeing the entire composition. It is possible that your artwork does not fill up the entire comp. Because no   layer is selected in the timeline we cannot see the handles for the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss 3.jpgss 1.jpgss.jpg

The are good.Sorry for last :c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the video by importing it into After Effects? Did you check the magnification ratio in your comp panel to make sure the images fill the screen.

I think the problem is in your media player and not in the video. If it is in the video then you did not fill the composition frame with picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait I check it.Maybe it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss 4.jpg

I don't now.Does it look bad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do it? Fill composition frame with picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said.In footage panel I haven't got black border but when I rendering it all it come back.I doing my audio react with tutorial.It's  this tutorial:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh6oA-MfsUM.Maybe he say something wrong.Please check it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh6oA-MfsUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the comp frame is filled. There may be a very small boarder around the edge. I don't think you have a problem but I can't tell unless I see a screenshot of the movie imported into AE and viewed in the footage panel.

Are you new to AE? This is pretty basic stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,It's my first project in AE.I don't know what I must do.Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just make sure that you can see the entire comp screen and then use position and scale to fill up the images. I still suspect that your AE project is just fine and that the Media Player is just not sized properly so you are seeing black edges.

If you check the size of the artwork or footage and it is the same size as the composition then it fills the screen.

Because you are so new to After Effects you must start here: Basic AE​. Get through the Beginners Guide and then go through the first few sections of the User Guide to get started. It will save you a bunch of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's my media player.All video have got black bars.Thank you very much man!I'm idiot haha Thanks for help Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even close. 

I have the same problem and in after effects the entire screen is covered but when its rendered through encoder, the bars appear on both sides. 

In fact it automatically substracts a pixel from the overal height of the composition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW TO FIX THE BLACK BAR  WHICH SHOW AFTER RENDER  PLEASE HELP ME MY WHATSAPP +923109889866Screenshot (4).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a position or a position and scale problem. There could even be a column of transparent or even black pixels. You could also get a black line like that if you have your comp set to an odd number of pixels wide because compressed video must always be an even number of pixels high and wide. Without any detailed information on the size of the comp, the size of the layer, and the position and scale properties of the layer we can only guess where the problem lies. It can be easily fixed by adjusting the scale, or the position, or the height and width of the composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please sir explain it simpley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue today, never happen to me for the past 4 years.
Anyways here are the steps:- add video to Media Encoder, other steps will be in screenshots.step_01.pngstep_02.pngstep_03.png

have play on it, you can actually see it fills up the frame. Hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really works! thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work/solution... not sure why folks have to be so obstructive and pedantic on these type of technical issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!! I've been struggling with this annoying black line to the right for so long. Finally someone with a solution 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines