• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black frames during previews and exporting

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both media encoder and after effects give me black frames at the end of video clips.

These are my export settings:

26171781nmau_1-1663504956426.png

The project that I'm trying to render is just a bunch of video clips put together in after effects. This isn't my first time using AE either, I've been using it for about a year or 2 now and never had this specific issue (all running on the same hardware: ryzen 3 3100 and 5600xt with 16 gigs of ram)

Things that I have tried to fix this problem:

Downgrading to an older version of AE and AME (from 22.6 to 22.4 which was the last version that I had no issues with).

Upgrading my GPU to its latest drivers.

Clearing disk and media cache.

Turning off GPU acceleration in media encoder

Restarting my PC

Rendering multiple times.

The issue is black frames appearing consistently at the end of some clips, I can fix this while previewing my project by just changing the preview quality but the black frames will eventually reappear. This isn't the only project this has happened to and I've had multiple other projects where this issue occured. I've looked up some discussions talking about this issue but I cant seem to find a solution that works for me. For most people it seems to just be a GPU issue so turning off GPU acceleration fixes it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to empty the disk cache from the preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines