• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black radial wipe in Media Encoder, even with white solid background

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a comp with a white solid background and also white in the comp settings, but Media Encoder keeps rendering a radial wipe in black. The AE render cue renders the white backgorund properly in white. Anyone know what is going on?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: solved the problem, though I am still curious as to why it works this way.

Turns out I had the radial wipe adjustment layer placed on top of a layer with a looping texture overlay. When I moved the wipe below the texture it rendered without the black.

Hope this helps somebody. And if anyone knows why this happens I'd be curious to know. Cheers 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing your solution.  You can bet there's someone searching the internet right now with the same problem.  

I find transitions on Adjustment layers to be unpredicable.  Will is apply a wipe to the layers below or wipe the adjustment layer on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to understand your problem without any actual screenshots. From layer styles to blending mottes/ matte modes there could be anything at play. And ultimately it becomes the question why you would even apply a wipe to an adjustment layer of all things, when it's generally better to pre-compose and apply it as a whole.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines