• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blending/linking between two tracks from mocha

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?  I need to link an overlay to the motion of a phone. At the same time the director wants me to dynamically link the movement of the phone and the handheld motion of the camera. Ideally I would be able to use a slider to control the amount of handheld motion and phone motion. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That probably doesn't make a lot of sense since you get weird inbetween motions when combining a 3D camera track and a 2D track, but technically it would be simple. Something like this:

mBlend=thisComp.layer("XYZ").effect("Slider");

mCam=thisComp.layer("Camera").transform.position;

mPhn=thisComp.layer("Phone").motionTracker("Tracker 1")("Track Point 1").featureCenter;

linear(mBlend,0,100,mCam,mPhn);

You probably need to accoundt for the 3D vs. 2D stuff and of course you would need to repeat it for every point and other properties such as rotation.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, 

I fear this is way above my paygrade! Would it make it easier if I just did a 2d camera track. I think the effect the director wants is to balance out any jerky hand movements by increasing the influence of the camera track of the background (if that makes any sense.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would probably make a lot more sense if you massaged your tracks in mocha's own graph editor rather than trying to do this in AE then for the simple reason that every time you change one item you need to compensate the other one to prevent drifting. You could end up having a ton of keyframes on your sliders and the math could get complicated. Start with the camera, have the director pin down the motion and based thereon track the screen.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines