Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Blending mode screen does not get rid of black background in one composition but it does in another?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I hope someone can help with this issue I'm having.

I have a composition with some stock footage of some smoke on a black background. I've changed the blending mode to screen so that I can put the smoke over other footage, which is fine, it works great. But then I want to duplicate the effect and make alterations in a new composition to bring it on other a different part of the back ground footage. So I make a new comp, copy over the smoke, and it has its black background back, only this time I can not get rid of it even when changing the blending mode to screen. Has anyone else encountered this issue please?

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots of the result and timelien with all relevant settings exposed. not much point in vague and confusing descriptions.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this thread helps: Creating a transparent colored smoke overlay for streaming

Without workflow details and screenshots showing the modified properties of your layers, it is very hard to diagnose any kind of problem. Please drag screenshots to the reply field on the forum or use the Toolbar to embed them. The Drag & Drop here... field is sketchy at best.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response Rick. Don't worry I figured it out.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines