Exit

Blocky after effects preview

Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5C5C731E-F0EE-4C1D-85E3-0F4C07F4905F.jpeg

D2EB8EEE-3028-4C4D-809C-02A569E8A80D.jpeg

1DE945EF-175B-43A9-8AE9-D28B13E8CE8A.jpeg

Does anyone know why my after effects preview is looking blocky? It renders fine and looks fine when I'm scrubbing through it, but for some reason there's some sort of blocky glitch whenever the clip changes. There's nothing wrong with the footage as it does this on every project and I've also cleared my cache and changed my ram settings

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is that the Ram Preview has not been completely rendered. If you do not have a green line above the timeline then you can get an adaptive resolution preview when you drag through the timeline. 

Are you new to After Effects? Don't expect AE to act like a video editing app. It is not an NLE, The timeline must be rendered before it will playback smoothly and playback performance depends on available system resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's hard to understand what's going on without more info.  

What's the resolution and frame rate of your source footage and your composition?  

What format/codec is the footage?  

Where/how was it acquired?

Are you manipulating the footage in your comp in any way, eg scaling, 3D transforming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines