Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bodybuilding Highlight Muscle Video

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to edit a bodybuilding video. I want to highlight (color) a muscle in the video. I am using mocha AE for tracking. The track looks good, but I am unable to make the shape (highlight area) move accordingly. I brought in a null Object to align the tracking data. Still its out of sync.

Regards

Peter

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your footage, your keyframes and so on nobody can tell you much. From frame rate mismatches to spatial inconsistencies due to scene scale this could be anything. You need to be much more specific and provide the relevant info and screenshots.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual tracking is already drifting like crazy and unless you level up to mocha Pro and use its elastic tracker I can't see an easy way how to improve the result. It seems to me you underestimate how bulging the muscles also affects the skin sliding over them, the interstitial tissue warping and so on. That's why your tape markers already will drift. Ultimately that's why on VFX films they paint them on with make-up. In your case you would probably get a lot better results if you forego that whole tracking thing and just animate a Mesh Warp, Bezier Warp, Puppet tools and masks manually. This will be just as quick as spending hours trying to fix your less than ideal track.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

thanks for your quick advise. Is it possible to get a tutorial or video to figure out which way would be the best? I havent used the elastic tracker yet but watched a tutorial about the usage of the puppet tool. If you have informations I would be thankfull. Thanks.

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would not be using the position data from Mocha AE. I would be using Corner Pin and probably even a workflow I call Stabilized Power Pin to stop the movement of the tracked area and overlay my graphic. The data you have applied to the Null is not very useful, even if you had a perfect track because the surface (plane) you are tracking changes shape way too much.

If you want to learn how to use Mocha start here with the Mocha Escentials Free version.

It looks like some tape was put on the actor's arm to help with tracking. You are going to have to remove that.

Mocha Pro is expensive. If you are trying to attach a graphic to the arm you might want to consider Lockdown from AE Scripts. It is exactly the right product for tracking the arm and locking a graphic to the movement of the shape. It will do a lot better job of conforming a graphic to the shape of the arm than you can do even with Mocha Pro. 

If you have a limited budget you might want to consider duplicating your original footage layer, applying a boatload of color correction to the footage to improve the ability of Mocha to get a good track, then pre-composing your modified original layer and running your tracking on the pre-comp. I do this all the time with footage that is difficult to track. Try sticking the Logo in Mocha to the tracked arm. If it sticks well, then you should be able to apply corner pin tracking to your replacement layer in the main comp. The Mocha Essentials series will show you exactly how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines