• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

borders getting cut off after effects

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Here I am trying to edit an after effect template. the issue I'm facing is that when I use any of the template original 16:9 compostion inside my 4:5 aspect ratio compostion, I don't know why but the borders/edges of the layer gets cut off. I don't seem to understand why this is happening as I just entered in this field. I am attaching screenshots of both the original template composition, and the 4:5 compostion which I am trying to create.  Any helps would be appreciated.

Capture 2.PNGCapture.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal AE behavior. You may want to read the online help and watch a bunch of tutorials. AE does not render off-canvas content. That being the case, you have to either scale the layer to fit into your 16:9 comp or change the composition size in the comp settings to accommodate your pre-comp layers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cropped screenshots cut off important information. The top screenshot does not show what layers are visible or which layers are showing the phone. If the phone is pre-composed then Collapse Transformations all the way down to the original phone will fix the problem in the comp with the blue background. 

The phone is cut off in the first comp. Is the first comp, the one with all the layers, the template? If it is and if it still works if you collapse transformations on all the nested comp layers, you should be able to remove the frame border in your Scene 5 comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am attaching the non-cropped screenshots below, As I mentioned that I am a complete beginner and I just entered in this feild of work. Can you please guide me step by step thorugh the process? I would be extremely thankful.

Capture 2.PNGCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines