Slight but annoying brightness shift after exporting out of AE (latest version, Windows).
See the top area int the images attached. The difference is small, but still noticeable in the output! It gets bigger after grading.
Input format: 4K AVCHD High 422 10-bit @250 MB/s
Output format: DNxHR MOV RGB 444 12-bit
Am I missing something?
@AdobeAEwhy this deviation?
And what are your color management settings? LUTs? What system? How is it calibrated? How is the footage reviewed? What render settings? Sounds more like a workflow issue rather than a bug, potential problems with specific CoDecs or hardware accelerated functions notwithstanding. eitehr way, you need to be much, much more specific.
Thank you for the response Mylenium – I think you're single handedly handling the forums since forever 💪.
I'm gladly gonna provide additional info, as well as MediaInfo reports in the attached TXTs.
- Source is YUV BT.709 (422 10-bit)
- Target is RGB (444 12-bit)
- Working Gamma is 2.2 (sRGB)
- Project-depth is 16-bit
- Export bit-resolution is 16-bit as well
- Color management is OFF at all steps
- Other than AE, no other soft- or hardware is involved in order to verify or manipulate the colors
- The shift is noticeable in the brights. However, no FX in this matter have been applied at all.
- No LUT at any step.
Does this give you any clue on where things fall through?
16bpc or 32bpc make color management mandatory. Your shifts likely occur due to the different quantization and Gamma in the CoDecs themselves over which you have no control without any form of CM.
Your color management is probably fouled up somewhere. We need more info. Embedded screenshots* help. The uploaded ones are hard to compare.
* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.