• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush strokes not showing in layers panel.. HELP!

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been working with after effects for 6 months now but this is my first time using brush tool.

the problem i am having is that when i make a brush stroke in layer panel, i cannot see it in layer panel but i can see it in composition window.

i have attached video as well.

i hope i can find answers here 🙂

EDIT:

i have just installed cc 2020 and it works just fine. still no idea why it wasn't working in 2019.............

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is something related to your graphics card. Try to:

- Update the graphics card driver to the latest version

- Deactivate GPU acceleration for effects in File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and effects. Change Use to Mercury Sofyware only and try to paint again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not working...

it was already set mercury software only, i tried the other two (cuda & opencl), but still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was, and maybe is still a bug with one of the builds of AE. I don't remember the build number or the version. Make sure your version (2020, 2019, or 2018) is up-to-date. I have seen other threads with this forum describing the same problem.

It also helps if you are in the Paint workspace so all the tools and options are available. You also need to make sure paint on transparent is not selected unless a target layer has been specified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using cc 2019 and it is up-to-date.

I have also tried paint workspace and each every setting is correct (RGBA and stuff) but still not working.

only difference "paint on transparent" makes is white screen appears for a bit and then it's the same story again.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It happened to me also. Using AE cc 2019. I know it has nothing to do with the graphic card cause when I tried on AR cc 2020 it actually worked fine. I don't know what's going on with the 2019 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines