• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG - Comp Window is not refreshing when moving a layer - Version 22.6.0

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move or scale a layer the comp window is not refreshing until I move the time indicator. When I rotate the layer it is refreshing though.

Probably a bug in the new Version?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

I just deinstalled the Script "Paint Link". It seems, even when not being used, just by being part of the Project, the Server Link to Photoshop is messing with the refresh behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual system info and details about your comp settings, comp viewer settings, hardware acceleration and so on this could be anything. The combinations of possible causes are way to numerous and it may not at all be a bug, just a specific combination of things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deinstalled the Script "Paint Link". It seems, even when not being used, just by being part of the Project, the Server Link to Photoshop is messing with the refresh behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What reason do you have to believe the problem is the server link to Photoshop?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the effect is establishing a link to PS. AE then is checking for new file info form PS. The preview while working was a little laggy instantly but no bummer when doing paint effects in PS.

When I realized that the preview still was affected when not working with the effect and a downgrade of AE wasn't helping I deinstalled the scipt and the problem was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @einzelbild!

Nice job troubleshooting that. 

I understand that the problem was with the "Paint Link" script, not After Effects, correct?

If that's the case, I'd suggest you remove the word "BUG" from the title of this discussion for relevancy.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines