Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug Missing layers + overflow converting ratio denominators

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an annoying bug in after-effects.

after effects suddenly gives me the bug in the middle of a project (overflow converting ratio denominators 17::19)).
The weird thing is that I can still see everything in the preview window and can export successfully, but 90% of my layers are invisible. Anyone seen this?
I searched already for some answers, but changing the framerate of the main footage doesn't help.

This is for a big project, (see 20 video's of 1hour) where I work with a premade "asset's/ template file". I'm thinking the problem lays somewhere in the "protected region markers" wich I recently add too my assets file. I'm going to change this now but would still like to hear your thoughts.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to clarify,

the layers disappear in my timeline, in preview I can still see everything.

I work with 1 source video, the rest (+-50 layers) are motion graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really impossible to know with such unspecific and generic info or more to the point lack thereof. You haven't even provided system info. These math errors are generic and can occur anywhere from effects to expressions, so we really need to know a lot more. Failing hardware acceleration could be a point and of course using protected regions may cause some weirdness, too, but this is literally a thing where you could spend days and never find anything. As a start I'd also try to import the project in an empty project. That may at least trigger a more meaningful warning that mentions a comp or layer that may be causing this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the incomplete info, but I'm fairly new to this.

I work in team with 1 colleague, he had the same bug after me. So it doesn't seem hardware related to me.

I work with  i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz // 64gbram // nvideo quadrp rtx 6gb

The assets file is full of expressions, so I'm afraid it will be trial & error to adjust it 1 by 1 and see where the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Approximately, how many layers are there in the project?

If it's happening on a different machine too, probably it's project-specific. If possible, could you share the project file (media files are not needed)? If you'd like, you can DM me the download link.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I will PM you the file.

it regards a project with 50+layers. The strange thing is also that I can see all my layers in the flowchart & in the preview window, but not on my timeline.

I had also some comps where the main comp had a protected region and some subcomps in that maincomp had also some protected regions, maybe after effects was struggeling with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines