Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug - Preview Resolution Changes Raw Images Gamma in "Linear Working Space"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

It's been a couple of updates since I've had this weirdest glitch.

On imported RAW images, when the preview resolution is set to anything less than "Full", the layer's gamma suddenly gets waaaaay off.
But this only happens if "Linearize Working Space" is checked in Project Settings.

I can correct the layer's gamma manually when needed, but it's still a major workaround to get the preview working properly.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find on which version thig bug appeared, since I do not have acces to anything prior to 17.7 and the glitch is still present there.

I am currently using AE 18.1 on windows 10, Camera Raw is up to date, the RAW images format is .RAF and this bug appears whether GPU acceleration is on or off.

Thanks for helping me out!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just reproduced this bug with .dng instead of .RAF, so the RAW image format does not seem to matter.

I made a small project (here) to show this issue. If anybody wants to look into this, you can simply switch the composition_01 resolution from "Half" to "Full" and the bug shoud be pretty clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines