Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Bug with audio in wrong place when using dynamic link from After Effects to Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project where I need to use both After Effects and Premiere Pro. I have one last problem that I can't figure out. I am using the newest version of both programs. I have this expression to play a sound when a countdown hits 5:

 

 

if (Math.floor(time) >= 1) {

	sek = Math.floor(time)-1;
	currentCountDownTime = footage("workout.csv").dataValue([5, sek]);
	
	if (currentCountDownTime <=6) {
		(time%1)+6-currentCountDownTime;
	} else {
		0;
	}
	
} else {
	0;
}

 

It works perfectly in after effects. Every time the counter hits 5, no matter how long it has been going, the sound plays.

 

After using dynamic link to import the composition to Premier Pro, the sound has suddenly been affected badly. Here you can see a screenshot.

 

screenshot_bug.png

 

What has essentially happened is that the sound has been batched together and spaced evenly. The placement is random, because it is no longer connected to the countdown in any way. Also, when I play it, no sound appears. The gain shows that sound should be playing, but I guess it has been pitched up or down so much that it is inaudible.

 

All other scripts that are affecting the visuals work correctly in Premiere Pro. Why is the sound

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Expressions, Import and export

Views

130

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021
I rebuilt the whole project from scratch, trying to simplify as much as possible, avoiding nested comps, only referencing my CSV-files where absolutely necessary and so on. This fixed the audio problem.

Likes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rebuilt the whole project from scratch, trying to simplify as much as possible, avoiding nested comps, only referencing my CSV-files where absolutely necessary and so on. This fixed the audio problem.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines